Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Over the Rainbow Again

I’m going over the rainbow again for a few days.

In the meantime, take a look at this, and pray for more bishops like Bishop Sample! Here are a few photos from the article:



Look! The musicians are NOT in the sanctuary, or anywhere close!

And here’s my version of “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” again, just for kicks. You can listen to Dorothy sing the original and imagine how it would sound with the words I’ve provided below.  ;-)



Somewhere over the rainbow
I believe,
There’s a priest who will say the Mass
How it’s s’posed to be.

Somewhere over the rainbow
Mass is said;
Fa-ther says all the black words,
While he performs the red.

Someday I’ll say a prayerful plea
And wake up where the OCP’s
Behind me.
Where proper chants are sweetly sung
In Latin – that’s the proper tongue –
That’s where you’ll find me.

“Dominus vobiscum,”
Father says.
“Et cum spiritu tuo.”
“Ite Missa est.”

If we hear “ite, missa est”
When Mass is ended,
That will be the best.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Jay ....
    You have a very blessed time as you withdraw and may the good God fill you with every spiritual blessing.
    The pictures are so beautiful.
    God Bless you and your family.
    I am very blessed to have St. Francis de Sales Oratory and the Traditional Latin Mass.
    The MOST BEAUTIFUL thing this side of heaven .

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Toto, I don't think we're in the Catholic Church anymore!"

    Just my attempt at some humor since we're parodying the late Judy in the Wizard of Oz.

    Beautiful pictures that stab me right in the heart considering the torture I go through each and every Sunday.

    Enjoy your "retreat", Dr. Boyd! Don't forget to come back!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I should change that to:

    "Toto, I don't think we're in the novus ordo church anymore!"

    ReplyDelete

Please be courteous and concise.