Thursday, August 30, 2012

Good Radio Stuff

I am just not a fan of talk radio…I’m not sure why. It’s probably due mainly to my preference for “visual” learning. I don’t listen to any form of radio, really.

But I may have to change my ways…

For one thing, Fr. William Gardner was on Radio Maria the other day (more info here), and I would love to hear what he had to say. I’ll have another chance on Saturday at noon Eastern Time, and I intend to give it my best shot.

In addition, take a look at this: Fr. Michael Rodriguez will be the guest on Larry Roach’s Salve Regina radio show this evening at 9pm CDT, 7pm PDT. Larry says:

See the Fidelis Radio website
[Fr. Rodriguez] is a very faithful priest who has traveled the path from “regular” diocesan priest with no particular interest in the traditions of the Church to a man now totally dedicated to the Traditional Latin Mass and the restoration of the Faith! He was also, of course, very involved in efforts to overturn El Paso City Council’s decision to extend benefits to “domestic partners” of gay employees – a decision that ran directly counter to the will of the people as expressed in a dedicated election on the matter – and then attempting to get the mayor and certain council members recalled from office. Because of the very heterodox, problematic state of the El Paso Diocese, his efforts were not supported by his bishop and fellow priests, and, in fact, led to him being persecuted and banished.

Much of the latter is already pretty well known, so I plan to focus more on why Tradition appeals to Fr. Rodriguez so much, how he came to embrace it, and the benefits he sees in it for all Catholics.

A new radio show, “Forward Boldly”, hosted by Christine Niles, is coming up, too; the debut show will be on Saturday night, Sept. 8, 10-11 p.m. Eastern Time. Go here for more information about the show. Here’s an excerpt from Christine's bio:

See the Fidelis Radio website
After a number of years wandering in the non-Catholic wilderness, Christine returned with great joy to the one true faith in 2003 and has never looked back. With a graduate degree in theology from the University of Oxford and a Juris Doctor from Notre Dame Law School, she is currently a licensed attorney and mother of four.

Happy listening!



2 comments:

  1. I typically don't listen to radio either, but tuned in to hear Fr. Rodriguez! I enjoyed learning about his journey to the Tridentine Mass and his clear understanding of the priest's awesome role, in persona Christi.

    I hope they invite him back to speak about the message of Fatima!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed the first half of the Fr. Rodriguez interview, but caught most of the second half; I think this show is cached, too, so hopefully I will be able to access the first part. He had a great list of 10 reasons for using Latin in the Mass, too.

    ReplyDelete

Please be courteous and concise.